Thursday, October 11, 2012

Veganmofo: Staples 3! Spiced Peanuts

Another shared recipe from friends of the family, this one has earned a place in the time honoured Zodiac Cook Book my mother's had longer than I've been alive.

Remember those talent friends? Well there are actually two sets of them, each with their own talents and trade secrets. One of which I'm about to share.

Carol's Spiced Peanuts

Insert Nuts Joke Here

These tasty little numbers are busted out every craps game or social gathering. Think of them like a tastier version of bar nuts. The kind of thing you can always expect to walk away with a jar of whenever you visit.

They make great snacks, to pick you up when you are helping someone move and they make adorable house warming presents.

Late night snacks or any other occasion.

Roast up a batch and pour them into an empty glass jar they'll be ready to go anywhere you go. I'm not sure exactly how long they keep, sealed I've had them for a few weeks but they don't usually last past that before my roommate eats them all. I like to up the salt, but honestly they don't need it.

So simple, you'll wonder why you never made them before.

No comments: